We’ve covered such amazing ground this year. After humble beginnings at Internet Week 2009, we have grown by leaps and bounds.
- We entered the year with our Social Media Week event, Social Media Currency, featuring Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson (recap here)
- The following month, we trekked down to Austin for SXSW to host our first annual FlashFWD event.
- We kept things cool until Internet Week where we threw one hell of a Fireside Chat between Tommy Silverman from Tommy Boy Records and Avner Ronen from Boxee (recap here)
- In June, we had Guest Blogger Month, which included a well-received piece by my good friend Jon entitled “Why You Should Pay For Music”
- In October, I spoke on behalf of SoundCtrl at Blog World & New Media Expo in Vegas (recap here), which conveyed to me that SoundCtrl has been getting noticed throughout the music, tech, and digital spaces.
- On December 6th, board members Jesse Kirshbaum and Emily Gannett headed West to San Francisco for SF Music Tech Conference where we held an after party to launch the FlashFWD II campaign (recap here).
- As the blog editor, I got to attend some incredible conferences including Billboard Music and Advertising, TechCrunch Disrupt, Billboard Music and Money, New Music Seminar, and Advertising Week.
- I’ve had the pleasure to interview over 20 amazing people for the blog, which has been so fascinating and fun at the same.
That being said, we got some big things planned for 2011. SoundCtrl is a Media Partner for New Music Seminar LA. There will be another huge Social Media Week event in February where we will focus on how mobile is effecting the concert business. Also, thanks to our sponsors Pepsico, Eventbrite, and Dot Music, FlashFWD II will occur on the crossover day of Interactive and Music at SXSW 2011.
Last, but not least, thanks to all of you–the readers. Please check back, share links, and continue the conversation.