What happened in music:tech today?
- We announced our honorees for the FlashFWD Awards. Scooter Braun, Scott Snibbe, Spotify, and Square will all be honored. BandPage, Bandsintown, CASH Music, and Kickstarter have been nominated for Best in Artist Support. You can RSVP to the ceremony, which takes place on May 15 at New York’s Gramercy Theater, for free via Eventbrite.
- We chatted with Scott Snibbe of Snibbe Interactive, creator of the Björk “Biophilia” app.
- We also talked with BandPage founder and CEO J. Sider
- SoundCloud Gets A Major Makeover, But Only Private Beta Users Can See It (For Now) – via TechCrunch
- Mobile Roadie Adds Premium iPad Apps & Free Mobile Websites – via hypebot
- Samsung Acquires Mobile Entertainment And Music Streaming Startup mSpot – via TechCrunch
- Drip FM: A Dance-Music Subscription Service That Could Be a Game-Changer – via SPIN
- Coachella Gets 30,000 Fans to ‘Live Click’ Around Festival, Automatically Link to Social Media – via Billboard.biz
- Tomahawk Introduces HTML App – via Rolling Stone
What did we miss?