What happened in music:tech today?
- Watch our video recap of our 2012 FlashFWD Awards
- Sony’s “Music Unlimited” Challenges Spotify with iOS Release
- Our Gadget of the Week is Incident Technologies’ gTar
- We took a look at Bedphones, the headphones you can wear to sleep.
- Indaba Music launched their Social Contest Suite
From around the web:
- Billboard reports that Rdio is working on a plan to directly compensate artists. Digital Music News isn’t buying it.
- VEVO Sees 600% Increase in Facebook Traffic After Redesign – via TechCrunch
- Developer Explains Why Android Sucks for Some Audio Apps – via evolver.fm
- Digital Music News asked Spotify if they would discuss any of their royalty payments. They wouldn’t.
- A Streaming Music Service You’ve Never Heard Of Has 10.5 Million Active Users – via hypebot
What did we miss?