By Steven Zeisler
In New York City, there are shows happening every night all over the city. Some of these shows might happen to be some of you or your friend’s favorite artists. But keeping track of your favorite bands is a logistical nightmare. Who has time to get on each and every website to search for tour dates? Thankfully, Jukely takes care of this.
Jukely is essentially your personal concierge for live music shows. Upon signing up for a free account, Jukely allows you to import other music accounts, including:
- Facebook – Sync your and friends’ music listens
- Spotify – Sync starred artists and playlists
- Rdio – Sync your and friends’ collections
- Last.fm – Sync favorites from scrobbies
- Soundcloud – Sync liked and followed artists
- Hype Machine – Sync loved artists
By plugging in these music services, Jukely will instantly learn your likes. According to their iTunes App store description, “shows are tailored for you, just like a mixtape from a stalker.” By using the GPS in your smartphone, relevant shows happening that night and within the next few days will pop up.
For example, I synced both my Spotify and Facebook accounts. It instantly popped up a Freelance Whales show that was taking place at the Music Hall of Williamsburg the very same night I was writing this article. While I’ve never listened to Freelance Whales, Jukely recommended it to me because it was similar to my favorite artist Passion Pit. Plus, Freelance Whales is considered a favorite with six of my close friends.
When I selected this particular show, I saw more helpful information like:
- Ticket price
- Start time
- Your friends that are into that particular artist
- Brief and random track sample
- Similar to other favorite artists
- Venue details and travel time from current location (with embedded map)
- Description of artist
- Request to tweet the promoter of the venue in order to put them in the Jukely venue database
There are two ways to get into your favorite show: You can choose to pay within the app by setting up a credit card account or paying at the door of the venue. It’s that easy. Jukely, however, requires your Apple device to be running iOS6 and it’s currently only available for users living in New York City. Let me know what you think!