After pushing through many submissions, looking at websites, reading opinions, vetting through purpose and mission statements we have chosen your winners based on the following criteria:
- Is in line with the SoundCtrl initiatives and mission
- Solves a problem in the industry (in other words, is it a game changing idea?)
- Fosters community
- Has reached scale or the board believes can reach scale
- Has commercial viability
And now without any further adieu, I give you our five winners that the SoundCtrl board chose from our wonderful community’s nominations:
- Indaba Music – online musical collaboration
- RockDex – social media analytics for the music industry
- Hype Machine – making online music discovery fun and social
- Big Live – taking concerts experience outside of the club to an online community
- Jingle Punks – an innovative music licensing company
As a winner of the FlashFwd contest, these five companies will be honored at the First Annual FlashFwd SXSW event on Tuesday March 16 from 5-10PM. We encourage all of you to really take a look and continue to watch these companies as they grow.
Once again, thanks to our sponsors Pepsi, DotMusic, and Eventbrite for allowing us to honor these five companies for being innovators in the music industry (and to throw an awesome party). Hope to see some of you in Austin!!!