Below is the press release that was sent to me from SuperGlued (read my interview with the founder here).
For Interpol’s upcoming leg of their North American tour, which kicks off January 27 in Vancouver, SuperGlued is powering a contest for fans to meet the band, as well as the chance to win other interesting prizes by earning points from posting videos or photos and tweeting about shows. The contest began on January 26 and continues through February 19, with their final show at House of Blues in Boston before the band heads to Europe for more dates.
It’s simple for fans to earn points. They can sign up for the contest at http://superglued.com/interpol, and selec to integrate their other social media accounts of choice (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and more), and then just:
- Post video singing cover version of Interpol song
- Post photos, videos, blog reviews and setlists from the show
- Tweet about show
- Checkin at show
- And more!
Grand Prize: Meet the band – Randomly selected participants will be chosen to meet the band at to be determined tour dates
- First place – Limited edition prints designed by Shepard Fairey (Obey). These are part of a set that was originally only available at the Interpol gallery Spaces that were set up for the release of Antics in 2004.
- Second place – Signed Interpol package including vinyl LP, CD, poster and more.
- Daily prize – Digital version of new album Interpol.
Editor’s note: Most blogs don’t do things outside of giveaways. Blogs don’t engage the fans much outside of asking them to retweet something. That being said, it’s no surprise that it’s a music startup who swoops in and works with an established band to develop a unique campaign and activate fans in creative ways. I hope that Rush is able to gather the data to get a better idea of what the impressions and engagements were specifically as a result of this campaign in addition to a graph of tickets sold over the course of the campaign. If so, he has tangible results that make it harder for bands to ignore the impact of the SuperGlued platform.